Tuesday, June 14, 2011

La Resi y La Chica Loca

Oh La Cuenca. What a special little Resi with the most interesting people.

So, Elaine, Claudine and I live on the same hallway. For the most part, the hall is always empty and quiet, and for a the first few days we were here, we thought we were the only people on the hall. Thought, that is. After the third night or so, Claudine discovered that she had a next door neighbor. She found this out by the Danza Kudoro (please watch the video) concert she got at 4am in the morning. Not just concert, but screaming fest. This then continued for the next several nights...

Elaine and I hadn't really been able to hear anything until this week. However, at 8:30 am on Sunday morning it started. La Chica Loca (Claudine's neighbor) and amigos had just gotten back from going out the night before and decided that it was completely necessary to yell at each other in the hallway as loud as they could. It woke all three of us up. It was two girls and a guy, and I actually was scared for the guy because the girls seemed like they were completely crazy (actually, last time I was here, I had a Spanish friend tell me that Spanish women are all crazy... I believe him now), it was like nothing I'd ever heard.

We all (and hopefully the guy in the hallway) lived through the rest of the morning, and were just able to laugh it off the next day. Well, last night I went to bed at 11pm. I was exhausted from the day, and from some workouts that I had done over the weekend (I don't think I've ever been so sore) and was SO ready to sleep. I laid in bed for a good two hours and couldn't. So I got up, read for an 30 minutes or so, then tried to sleep again. As I laid down at about 1:30am, my next door neighbors (who are older travelers) decided it was a good idea to have a debate about who even  knows what. I felt like I was in the room with them. So I'm laying there, exhausted, trying to sleep, and by 2am they stop and I hear my neighbor, who's bed is next to mine on the other side of the wall snoring. Like. a. freight. train. How it is possible that someone can snore so loud that people in the next room over can hear it is still beyond me, but I wasn't sure if I should have been impressed by the talent or annoyed because it was impossible to fall asleep with that going on. Vale- somehow, I fell asleep for about an hour and was awaken at about 3am by this deathly noise in the hallway. It was doors slamming and then screaming (it was La Loca). Oh my gosh. I laid in bed, annoyed and tired. Then I hear this sweet little voice out of the hallway, "Could you be quiet?" there was a small conversation between the two and I couldn't hear it all, but then, loudly, and in english, La Chica Loca started screaming at the top of her lungs with all the passion in the world "f u slut" over and over and over and over and over again. This went on for quite some time. I had been thinking of going out there to talk with her and whoever the other person was (it was Claudine), but once she started screaming, no way Jose. Who knows what crazy drunk Spanish girls are capable of.

Then, it sounded like someone came and took her away. Good, she should be institutionalized.

So I laid in bed for another 30 minutes or so, then the footsteps come back and doors start slamming. What. the. heck. La Loca's friends are with her this time and they are having some intense conversations and deem it obligatory to slam the door as many times as possible. I guess this emphasizes a point? Who knows. Then, they finally go into her room, and it's like the place is shaking. Seriously, it was the weirdest sound. The door was shaking and it sounded like the walls were shaking with them. What the heck were they doing in there? Claudine jokingly suggested the next day that it was "power yoga"... hmm if that's what it sounds like, count me out for sure.

Well, after the curse out, I texted Claudine because I knew there was no way she could be asleep.This is the response I got:
I nearly cried after reading this I was laughing. Elaine actually said she could hear me laughing through the wall. Thank you La Loca!

Well... after the evening's happenings, I laid in bed for a while longer and got up at six and made scrambled eggs. I was dragging all day in class today and was completely exhausted and crashed for a two hour siesta this afternoon. Needless to say I will sleep great tonight.

At breakfast this morning Claudine told me about what all happened when she went out to talk to the girl, and apparently she was on her back, legs up against the wall, with a bottle of wine in her hands. Let's hope her liver can make it through the next few years...

So, just wanted to share that fun little story with everyone. So far, there has been no new spotings/hearings of La Loca today, but updates will come!

No comments:

Post a Comment